Even a nice chianti wouldn't help you wash down this lump of tear-jerking twaddle. Thank the gods that Anthony Hopkins is around to play Burt Munro, a New Zealander in his seventies who dreams of racing his 1920 Indian Scout motorcycle ontah's Bonneville Salt Flats. Naturally, his dream comes true, or there wouldn't be a movie. But did the movie, which features an exciting climactic race in which Burt sets a world record, have to include so many numbing and heartwarming encounters between Burt (he died in 1978) and a transvestite hotel clerk (Chris Williams), Burt and a randy widow (Diane Ladd), Burt and- oh, I can't go on. Writer-director Roger Donaldson (The Bounty) can't seem to resist the obvious. Luckily, Hopkins can. He finds the humor and grit in this deaf geezer who overcomes his bad ticker and swollen prostate to beat the odds.
World's Fastest Indian
- World's Fastest Indian
- Anthony Hopkins, Christopher Lawford, Bruce Greenwood, Paul Rodriguez, Diane Ladd
- Directed by Roger Donaldson
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- 'The Dance' at 25: How Garth Brooks' Weeper Became an Unlikely Hit
- 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Steal the Show
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- West Memphis Three's Damien Echols: 'Today Was My Original Execution Date'