What Time Is It There? is the fifth feature film from the remarkable Taiwanese director Tsai Ming-liang (Rebels of the Neon God). The plot is a delicate ribbon encircling Hsiao Kang (Lee Kang-sheng), a watch seller in Tapei who meets the woman of his dreams shortly after the death of his father. When she leaves almost immediately for Paris, Hsiao Kang tries to set every watch he sees to Paris time. The result is a film of surprise and wonder, lyrically attuned to the ticking intensity of romance.
What Time Is It There?
- What Time Is It There?
- Kang-Shen Lee
- Directed by Ming-liang Tsai
From The Archives Issue 338: March 5, 1981
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Diffuser10 Best Album Closing Tracks
Mental Floss20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- The Republicans Are Now Officially the Party of White Paranoia
- Can We Talk? Joan Rivers' 10 Best Jokes
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here
- The Real 'Dear Prudence' on Meeting Beatles in India
- Merle Haggard Laments New Country Music About 'Screwing on a Tailgate'
- Readers' Poll: The 10 Best Elton John Deep Cuts
- See Sara Evans, REO Speedwagon Collide on 'Ridin' the Storm Out'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time