Think of it as old Hollywood's version of Entourage, an insider's take on the greed and vanity that make Tinseltown tick. Based on a memoir by producer Art Linson, the movie stars Robert De Niro, actually good for a change (Die! Die! Righteous Kill!), as a stressed producer. He's got a Sean Penn movie that's tanking at test screenings because a dog gets shot in close-up. He also has a film about to start with Bruce Willis, who balks at dieting and shaving his beard. "The fucker is as fat and hairy as ever," De Niro moans to John Turturro, as Willis' agent. Willis is a hoot as a nightmare version of himself. There are funny scenes, nicely directed by Barry Levinson. Other stuff, involving De Niro's ex-wife (Robin Wright Penn) and their daughter (Kristen Stewart), are not much of anything. It's a tossup. Your call.
What Just Happened?
- What Just Happened?
- Robert De Niro, Sean Penn, Catherine Keener, John Turturro, Robin Wright Penn
- Directed by Barry Levinson
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- Joni Mitchell Hospitalized in Los Angeles
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- 'WWE Raw': Brock Lesnar vs. the World
- Don't #Beliebe the Hype: Inside Justin Bieber's Roast