Think of it as old Hollywood's version of Entourage, an insider's take on the greed and vanity that make Tinseltown tick. Based on a memoir by producer Art Linson, the movie stars Robert De Niro, actually good for a change (Die! Die! Righteous Kill!), as a stressed producer. He's got a Sean Penn movie that's tanking at test screenings because a dog gets shot in close-up. He also has a film about to start with Bruce Willis, who balks at dieting and shaving his beard. "The fucker is as fat and hairy as ever," De Niro moans to John Turturro, as Willis' agent. Willis is a hoot as a nightmare version of himself. There are funny scenes, nicely directed by Barry Levinson. Other stuff, involving De Niro's ex-wife (Robin Wright Penn) and their daughter (Kristen Stewart), are not much of anything. It's a tossup. Your call.
What Just Happened?
- What Just Happened?
- Robert De Niro, Sean Penn, Catherine Keener, John Turturro, Robin Wright Penn
- Directed by Barry Levinson
From The Archives Issue 124: December 21, 1972
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Sex Positions That Will Get Her Off Every Time
Cracked22 Movies That Made Huge Mistakes You Completely Missed
Mental Floss10 People Banned From SNL
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
MTV News6 Cringe-Worthy VMA Moments We’ll Never Forget
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Taylor Swift Sing 'Smelly Cat' With Lisa Kudrow at L.A. Show
- Dez Bryant: The Survivor
- 20 Best TV Shows of 2015 So Far
- N.W.A: American Gangstas
- Bruce Springsteen on Making 'Born to Run': 'We Went to Extremes'
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here