Waking Up In Reno offers big, fat, dumb laughs that may make you hate yourself for giving in. Ah, what the hell. The whole cast, directed by Jordan Brady with no restraint, is slumming. That's Billy Bob Thornton as Lonnie Earl, a good ol' Arkansas boy married to Darlene (Natasha Richardson) but cheating on her with Candy (Charlize Theron), the wife of his best bud, Roy (Patrick Swayze). When the two couples cram into an SUV to catch the monster-truck show in Reno, Nevada, the jokes come down and dirty. Thornton plays this low-ball farce with deceptive, masterful ease. Appreciate it.
Waking Up In Reno
- Waking Up In Reno
- Billy Bob Thornton, Charlize Theron
- Directed by Jordan Brady
From The Archives Issue 372: June 24, 1982
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- 'Daily Show' Defends Beyonce's Super Bowl Performance, Slams Haters
- Alice Cooper Talks Guns N' Roses Reunion: 'Where's Izzy?'
- Hear David Crosby's Tender New Ballad With Snarky Puppy
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders
- Watch Seal, Ewan McGregor, Gary Oldman Lead David Bowie Tribute
- Bill O'Reilly: Why Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders 'Are the Same Guy'