Waking Up In Reno offers big, fat, dumb laughs that may make you hate yourself for giving in. Ah, what the hell. The whole cast, directed by Jordan Brady with no restraint, is slumming. That's Billy Bob Thornton as Lonnie Earl, a good ol' Arkansas boy married to Darlene (Natasha Richardson) but cheating on her with Candy (Charlize Theron), the wife of his best bud, Roy (Patrick Swayze). When the two couples cram into an SUV to catch the monster-truck show in Reno, Nevada, the jokes come down and dirty. Thornton plays this low-ball farce with deceptive, masterful ease. Appreciate it.
Waking Up In Reno
- Waking Up In Reno
- Billy Bob Thornton, Charlize Theron
- Directed by Jordan Brady
From The Archives Issue 372: June 24, 1982
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here
- Keith Richards: Rap Is for 'Tone-Deaf People'
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- Alice Cooper and Joe Perry on Hollywood Vampires' Drunk History
- Watch Slayer and Danny Trejo Film Gore-Drenched Video at L.A. Prison
- How Coheed and Cambria Broke Concept-Album Streak on New LP
- Watch Justin Bieber, Questlove Battle in Drum-Off Rematch on 'Fallon'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time