Here's a shrieking bore of a horror flick that's meant to sex up an anemic genre by casting X-Men hunk Hugh Jackman as Van Helsing, the vampire hunter from Bram Stoker's Dracula. Stephen Sommers, the manic director of both Mummy movies, has no faith in the story. Desperate to keep goosing the audience, he throws in Frankenstein, the Wolf Man and three of Dracula's bloodsucking brides. I'm surprised he didn't give Van Helsing a shot at Osama bin Laden. More, more, more adds up to less, less, less.
- Van Helsing
- Hugh Jackman,Kate Beckinsale
- Directed by Stephen Sommers
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside the Racy 'Sex Box' Reality Show
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Children of ISIS
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- James Taylor's Mellow Rebirth: Inside 'Before This World'
- Dr. Dre Talks N.W.A Biopic, Eazy-E's Death, Eminem and Making New Music
- James Franco on 'The Interview': 'We Never Felt We Were Doing Something Wrong'
- Indiana Governor Signs Controversial 'Religious Freedom' Bill
- No, Kentucky Couldn't Beat an NBA Team
- Roger Daltrey: 'I Want Us to Stop at the Top of Our Game'