Here's a shrieking bore of a horror flick that's meant to sex up an anemic genre by casting X-Men hunk Hugh Jackman as Van Helsing, the vampire hunter from Bram Stoker's Dracula. Stephen Sommers, the manic director of both Mummy movies, has no faith in the story. Desperate to keep goosing the audience, he throws in Frankenstein, the Wolf Man and three of Dracula's bloodsucking brides. I'm surprised he didn't give Van Helsing a shot at Osama bin Laden. More, more, more adds up to less, less, less.
- Van Helsing
- Hugh Jackman,Kate Beckinsale
- Directed by Stephen Sommers
From The Archives Issue 343: May 14, 1981
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
AskMenThe 40 Best Guy Movies Of All Time
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
- Skulls, Satan and Dave Grohl: Inside Mysterious Occult-Rock Band Ghost
- Are Rogue Militants Preparing for War on American Soil?
- Jimmy Fallon Plays Donald Trump, Gets Debate Advice From Obama
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 25 Best 'Daily Show' Correspondents
- Jon Stewart Bids Farewell to Fox News: 'Adios, Motherf---ers'
- Lewis Black on Surviving Two Decades at 'The Daily Show'
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free