Back in the 1970s, Richard Nixon sicced J. Edgar Hoover's FBI on Beatle John Lennon, who was singing about peace, preaching against the Vietnam War and getting all kinds of people to listen. He was followed, monitored and threatened with deportation. This documentary from David Leaf nd John Scheinfeld doesn't pretend to be all-inclusive. Its laser focus is on the arrogant persecution of Lennon and his wife, Yoko Ono, and their insistence on fighting back. The film is loaded with testimony and talking heads. But it's Lennon, in remarkable footage released by Ono, who makes a case that seems aimed right at Bushworld. Lennon's spirit, like his music, shines through this movie like a beacon. Powerful stuff.
U.S. vs. John Lennon
- U.S. vs. John Lennon
- John Lennon, Yoko Ono
- Directed by David Leaf, John Scheinfeld
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend15 Gigantic Movies That Are All Coming Out In 2017
Bleacher ReportThe Most Infamous Snubs In Sports
Men's Journal10 Ways To Spice Up Your Sex Life
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
Cinema BlendHarrison Ford's 10 Best Characters
Cracked6 Insane Versions Of Great Movies You Didn't Know Existed
- Chelsea Wolfe Details New Album, Streams Haunting First Single 'Iron Moon'
- See Blind Melon's Shannon Hoon Get Naked and Bring Pizza to Guns N' Roses
- First 'Dragon Ball' Anime in 18 Years to Premiere in July
- Orioles Exec Delivers Powerful Statement on Baltimore Riots
- Hear Alternate Version of Rolling Stones' 'Can't You Hear Me Knocking'
- How Legendary Tattoo Artist Jonathan Shaw Became the Next Bukowski
- 'Wire' Creator David Simon on Baltimore Riots: 'Go Home. Please'
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic