Back in the 1970s, Richard Nixon sicced J. Edgar Hoover's FBI on Beatle John Lennon, who was singing about peace, preaching against the Vietnam War and getting all kinds of people to listen. He was followed, monitored and threatened with deportation. This documentary from David Leaf nd John Scheinfeld doesn't pretend to be all-inclusive. Its laser focus is on the arrogant persecution of Lennon and his wife, Yoko Ono, and their insistence on fighting back. The film is loaded with testimony and talking heads. But it's Lennon, in remarkable footage released by Ono, who makes a case that seems aimed right at Bushworld. Lennon's spirit, like his music, shines through this movie like a beacon. Powerful stuff.
U.S. vs. John Lennon
- U.S. vs. John Lennon
- John Lennon, Yoko Ono
- Directed by David Leaf, John Scheinfeld
From The Archives Issue 277: November 2, 1978
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Meek Mill's Drake Diss 'Is Trash': Sports World Reacts to 'Wanna Know'
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- Meek Mill Fires Back at Drake With 'Wanna Know'
- Eminem Reveals How Drug Use Led to Weight Gain, Recovery