Things You Can Tell Just By Looking At Her, of all the movies on this page, is the strongest showcase for actresses. Writer-director Rodrigo Garcia tells five loosely connected stories. Glenn Close is cast as a doctor whose character flaws are detailed by a tarot-card reader (a very fine Calista Flockhart) with a dying lover (Valeria Golino). Amy Brenneman plays a doctor who cares for her blind sister (a dazzling Cameron Diaz), a free spirit with a thriving sex life. Kathy Baker, a children's-book author, becomes erotically fixated on the dwarf (Danny Woodburn) next door. And Holly Hunter excels as an unmarried, pregnant bank manager, unexpectedly devastated by the prospect of having an abortion. So what happens to a delicate gem like this? MGM, which had Things scheduled to open this summer, sold the film instead to cable's Showtime — short for straight to video. And you thought film could be an art as well as an industry. Ha!
Things You Can Tell Just By Looking At Her
- Things You Can Tell Just By Looking At Her
- Glenn Close, Kathy Baker, Holly Hunter, Noah Fleiss, Cameron Diaz
- Directed by Rodrigo Garcia
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal37 Things About Sex You Need to Know
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies Of All-Time According To Chris Rock
The Daily Beast7 Movies That Do BDSM Better Than ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
Salon10 Movie Stars Who Want to Be Rock Stars and Are Surprisingly Good
Men's JournalThe 101 Best Beers in America
- The Rock on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- The Children of ISIS
- Prince Sued Over Judith Hill's Debut Album Download
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- Hear Brad Paisley 'Crush It' on Eric Clapton's 'Layla'
- 'Clear' and Present Danger: Alex Gibney on His Bold Scientology Doc
- Watch George Ezra Bring the Folk to 'SNL'
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire