Even a nice chianti couldn't help you wash down this lump of tear-jerking twaddle. Thank the gods that Anthony Hopkins is around to play Burt Munro, a New Zealander in his seventies who dreams of racing his 1920 Indian Scout motorcycle on Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats. Naturally, his dream comes true, or there wouldn't be a movie. But did the movie, which features an exciting climactic race in which Burt sets a world record, have to include so many numbing and heartwarming encounters between Burt (he died in 1978) and a transvestite motel clerk (Chris Williams), Burt and a randy widow (Diane Ladd), Burt and -- oh, I can't go on. Writer-director Roger Donaldson (The Bounty) can't seem to resist the obvious. Luckily, Hopkins can. He finds the humor and grit in this deaf geezer who overcomes his bad ticker and swollen prostate to beat the odds.
The World's Fastest Indian
- The World's Fastest Indian
- Anthony Hopkins, Diane Ladd, Iain Rea
- Directed by Roger Donaldson
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside the Racy 'Sex Box' Reality Show
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- The Children of ISIS
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence Following One Direction Split
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- James Taylor's Mellow Rebirth: Inside 'Before This World'
- 'Walking Dead' Companion Series Official
- 10 Things We Learned Spending Two Days With Bill Withers