Michel Gondry could be the Rem Koolhaas of music video. Like the Dutch architect, Gondry devises ideas and technique that are never merely modern. For Bjork, Gondry shoots forests dominated by stuffed animals; for the White Stripes, he's high design, but with Legos; for Daft Punk, he stages a variety show with robots. Books could be written about Gondry's pieces, but this former drummer remains a rock & roller at heart. Invariably, his videos are visual invitations to bang your head.
The Work of Director Michel Gondry
- The Work of Director Michel Gondry
- Jim Carrey
- Directed by Michel Gondry
From The Archives Issue 244: July 28, 1977
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- Super Bowl 50 Commercials: The Best and Worst From the Big Game
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue
- Watch Lady Gaga Sing Stirring National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- Watch Elton John Belt Classics in 'Carpool Karaoke'