This documentary succeeds triumphantly on so many levels that its full impact doesn't hit you until you have time to register its aftershocks. If the Army had its way, you would remember Cpl. Pat Tillman as an NFL star (he was a safety for the Arizona Cardinals) who died in combat in Afghanistan in 2004. In fact, Tillman was accidentally killed by his own unit. The Army and the Bush administration preferred to alter the facts and make Tillman, who had grown increasingly disillusioned with the war, the poster boy for military glorification. How such a fraud could be perpetrated and how Tillman's family uncovered the truth are the subjects of Amir Bar-Lev's riveting, resonant film, vividly narrated by Josh Brolin. It will get under your skin.
The Tillman Story
- The Tillman Story
- Cpl. Pat Tillman, Josh Brolin
- Directed by Amir Bar-Lev
From The Archives Issue 297: August 9, 1979
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Watch Bruce Springsteen's Surprise Performance With U2
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- Derek Zoolander Can't Grasp Movie Title in Hilarious 'Zoolander 2' Teaser
- Meek Mill Fires Back at Drake With 'Wanna Know'
- Watch Paul McCartney Perform 'Get Back' With Alabama Shakes' Brittany Howard