Take a plot about two NYPD detectives who sit on the sidelines while other cops get all the shootouts and glam headlines. Kick it up a notch by casting Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg as the losers who stumble into the big time. Spice with giddy action from the script by Chris Henchy and director Adam McKay. Then sit back and laugh your ass off. I did. Ferrell and McKay scored with Anchorman, Talladega Nights and Step Brothers, and, with Henchy, they started the influential comedy website Funny or Die. That's Hall of Fame funny, right there. In The Other Guys, they're flying on comic helium. OK, the balloon loses altitude from time to time, but Ferrell and Wahlberg are a comic riot. Ferrell is effortlessly uproarious. And watching hardass Wahlberg, in his first starring shot at farce, shake his sillies out is not to be missed. Catch his double and triple takes when the wife Ferrell claims to be embarrassed by turns out to be crazy-sexy Eva Mendes. But there I go giving away the jokes. Don't let anyone spoil the wildly hilarious surprises. Ferrell and Wahlberg will double your fun. Guaranteed.
The Other Guys
- The Other Guys
- Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg
- Directed by Adam McKay
From The Archives Issue 154: February 14, 1974
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- New Sam Smith Bond Theme Video Reveals 'Spectre' Footage
- Drake Debuts Polished Version of Beyonce Collaboration 'Can I'
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- How Radiohead Shocked the World: A 15th-Anniversary Salute to 'Kid A'
- 20 Best TV Shows of 2015 So Far