"I'm a whiner, and I can't stop whining." Zach Braff never says those words in this angst-ridden movie about guys pushing thirty. But in the pivotal role of Michael, an architect afraid to settle down with his pregnant girlfriend, Jenna (Jacinda Barrett), you feel he's thinking them every second. Should he marry Jenna or run off with college hottie Kim (O.C. cutie Rachel Bilson, deserving of a better role). Braff worked playfully with similar material as the writer, director and of 2004's Garden State. But this script, anemically adapted by Crash Oscar-winner Paul Haggis from a hotblooded Italian film of the same name, is a slog. Director Tony Goldwyn tries for the lyrical melancholy he brought to A Walk on the Moon, but as Michael waits for days on Jenna's porch getting drenched (as irritating a scene as any in recent cinema), only the most rabid chick-flick fan will fail to notice that it's the movie that's all wet.
The Last Kiss
- The Last Kiss
- Zach Braff, Jacinda Barrett, Rachel Bilson, Tom Wilkinson, Blythe Danner
- Directed by Tony Goldwyn
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside the Racy 'Sex Box' Reality Show
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release
- The Children of ISIS
- James Taylor's Mellow Rebirth: Inside 'Before This World'
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- 10 Things We Learned Spending Two Days With Bill Withers
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence Following One Direction Split
- The Gangster Princess of Beverly Hills