"I'm a whiner, and I can't stop whining." Zach Braff never says those words in this angst-ridden movie about guys pushing thirty. But in the pivotal role of Michael, an architect afraid to settle down with his pregnant girlfriend, Jenna (Jacinda Barrett), you feel he's thinking them every second. Should he marry Jenna or run off with college hottie Kim (O.C. cutie Rachel Bilson, deserving of a better role). Braff worked playfully with similar material as the writer, director and of 2004's Garden State. But this script, anemically adapted by Crash Oscar-winner Paul Haggis from a hotblooded Italian film of the same name, is a slog. Director Tony Goldwyn tries for the lyrical melancholy he brought to A Walk on the Moon, but as Michael waits for days on Jenna's porch getting drenched (as irritating a scene as any in recent cinema), only the most rabid chick-flick fan will fail to notice that it's the movie that's all wet.
The Last Kiss
- The Last Kiss
- Zach Braff, Jacinda Barrett, Rachel Bilson, Tom Wilkinson, Blythe Danner
- Directed by Tony Goldwyn
From The Archives Issue 277: November 2, 1978
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
Salon10 Insane Climax Tips
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldTop 10 Greatest Rock and Roll Song Endings of All Time
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
- 50 Wildest Guns N' Roses Moments
- Queen's Tragic Rhapsody
- The Inside Story of David Bowie's Stunning New Album, 'Blackstar'
- Watch Justin Bieber Sing in the Rain During 2015 AMAs Finale
- UFC's Conor McGregor: 'Donald Trump Can Shut His Big Mouth'
- Watch Captain America Fight Iron Man in First 'Civil War' Trailer
- 10 Things We Learned From Carly Simon's Revealing New Memoir
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time