Short review of three little words: Way. Too. Long. Nearly two-and-a-half hours — what? — to remake a 1984 movie about a kid who learns karate from a master so he can beat up bullies. (Peter Travers reviews The Karate Kid in his weekly video series, "At the Movies With Peter Travers.") The original had New Jersey teen Ralph Macchio learning karate from the great Pat Morita in California. The reboot has Detroit kid Jaden Smith, the 12-year-old son of Will and Jada, learning kung fu from the great Jackie Chan in China (cue the travelogue footage). For a movie whose outcome is never in doubt, the padding is punishing.
The Karate Kid
- The Karate Kid
- Jaden Smith, Jackie Chan
- Directed by Harald Zwart
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- Tim McGraw's Sandy Hook Show Sparks Controversy, Billy Currington Bails
- Green Day Return to the Stage With Raucous, Career-Spanning Cleveland Gig
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away
- Watch John Krasinski Nail N'Sync's 'Bye Bye Bye' on 'Lip Sync Battle'