There's heart but not much heat in this film version of The Echoing Grove, the novel of World War II-era adultery that Rosamond Lehmann reportedly based on her affair with British poet laureate Cecil Day Lewis (father of Daniel). Paul Bettany (A Beautiful Mind) has real star power as Rickie, a banker married to perfect Madeleine (Olivia Williams). What's not perfect is Rickie's attraction to Madeleine's' sister Dinah (Helena Bonham Carter in full temptress mode). The war is dragged in to add gravity. Bad idea. Musty affectation not only weighs a ton, it takes all the fun out of lust.
The Heart of Me
- The Heart of Me
- Paul Bettany, Helena Bonham Carter
- Directed by Thaddeus O'Sullivan
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- Neil Young and Stephen Stills Light Up the Stage at L.A. Autism Benefit
- Miles Davis: 15 Essential Albums
- Watch Brandon Flowers' Creepy, Retro 'Lonely Town' Video