Some people hate this movie. It happens these days when the ambitions of a filmmaker, in this case Darren Aronofsky (Pi, Requiem for a Dream), rise above the level of Big Mama's House 2. Hugh Jackman plays a medical researcher trying to stop a brain tumor from killing his wife (the lovely Rachel Weisz). But wait. Jackman is also playing a sixteenth-century Spanish explorer on assignment from Queen Isabel (Weisz again) to find the healing Tree of Life. And that's him, hairless, as a twenty-sixth-century astronaut. In telling a tale of love across time, Aronofsky is sometimes guilty of creating arty, pretentious psychobabble. But in visual terms, he's trying to expose his own raw, romantic heart. Folly? Maybe. But a risk worth taking.
- The Fountain
- Hugh Jackman, Rachel Weisz, Sean Gullette, Ellen Burstyn, Sean Patrick Thomas
- Directed by Darren Aronofsky
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- Watch Terry Crews Punch Out Mike Tyson on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart Debate Superman vs. Batman
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- Motley Crue on Rock Hall Chances and Why Bands Need Retirement Contracts
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video
- 10 Things We Learned From Johnny Rotten's 'Uncensored' New Memoir
- Joan Jett: Built to Rock
- Paul McCartney Plans First U.S. Arena Date of 2015