The Fast and the Furious is an inordinately silly drag-racing flick that can best be differentiated from last summer's vehicular disaster Gone in Sixty Seconds by its use of younger actors. Vin Diesel, who must be so pleased to be in a film that showcases fuel, stars as the leader of a Los Angeles street-racing team that might be a front for a truck-hijacking racket. Paul Walker co-stars as the cop who goes undercover as a racer to find out for sure. The women in the cast, including Jordana Brewster and Michelle Rodriguez, are used mostly as slut accessories to the chrome and beefcake. Rob Cohen, who last directed The Skulls — ouch! — can consider this one another career-killing skid mark.
The Fast and the Furious
- The Fast and the Furious
- Paul Walker, Vin Diesel
- Directed by Rob Cohen
From The Archives Issue 313: March 20, 1980
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss8 Classic Movie Props That Were Tossed in the Trash
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Flea: Why I Support Bernie Sanders
- Zola Tells All: The Real Story Behind the Greatest Stripper Saga Ever Tweeted
- The Monkees Plot 50th Anniversary Tour, New LP 'Good Times!'
- 25 Most Anticipated TV Shows of 2016
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Watch Martin Scorsese Impersonate Robert De Niro on 'Fallon'
- Queen's 'Innuendo': Remembering Freddie Mercury's Last Masterpiece