The Fast and the Furious is an inordinately silly drag-racing flick that can best be differentiated from last summer's vehicular disaster Gone in Sixty Seconds by its use of younger actors. Vin Diesel, who must be so pleased to be in a film that showcases fuel, stars as the leader of a Los Angeles street-racing team that might be a front for a truck-hijacking racket. Paul Walker co-stars as the cop who goes undercover as a racer to find out for sure. The women in the cast, including Jordana Brewster and Michelle Rodriguez, are used mostly as slut accessories to the chrome and beefcake. Rob Cohen, who last directed The Skulls — ouch! — can consider this one another career-killing skid mark.
The Fast and the Furious
- The Fast and the Furious
- Paul Walker, Vin Diesel
- Directed by Rob Cohen
From The Archives Issue 313: March 20, 1980
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Watch Bruce Springsteen's Surprise Performance With U2
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Meek Mill's Drake Diss 'Is Trash': Sports World Reacts to 'Wanna Know'
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time