The Fast and the Furious is an inordinately silly drag-racing flick that can best be differentiated from last summer's vehicular disaster Gone in Sixty Seconds by its use of younger actors. Vin Diesel, who must be so pleased to be in a film that showcases fuel, stars as the leader of a Los Angeles street-racing team that might be a front for a truck-hijacking racket. Paul Walker co-stars as the cop who goes undercover as a racer to find out for sure. The women in the cast, including Jordana Brewster and Michelle Rodriguez, are used mostly as slut accessories to the chrome and beefcake. Rob Cohen, who last directed The Skulls — ouch! — can consider this one another career-killing skid mark.
The Fast and the Furious
- The Fast and the Furious
- Paul Walker, Vin Diesel
- Directed by Rob Cohen
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Geto Boys' Scarface Hospitalized
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- 25 Best Modern Exploitation Movies
- Buddy Guy on the Rolling Stones: 'They Were So Damn Wild'
- How a Canadian U2 Tribute Band Got Onstage With the Real Thing
- Pink Floyd Reunited With Roger Waters 10 Years Ago This Week