The worst movie of this very new year has a good chance to retain the title for all of 2012. Ripping off The Exorcist while adding the "found footage" scam from the Paranormal Activity franchise, The Devil Inside manages not only to scrape the barrel's bottom but to drill a hole in said bottom and funnel deeper into the scum. And yet this bilge took in a whopping $35 million on its opening weekend, showing the public's appetite for scares. So why couldn't The Devil Inside deliver better on its promise? The simple answer is: it doesn't have to. Audiences are so primed for horror they fall for the flashy marketing. After seeing this crap movie, we're all ready to scream our rage at the screen. The plot goes from dumb to dumber as we follow a dutiful daughter (Fernanda Andrade) who begs two priests (Simon Quarterman and Evan Helmuth) to perform an exorcism on her mother (Suzan Crowley) who's been locked up in a funny farm since committing a triple homicide. Poor mom. It wasn't her, it was the devil inside. From the amateur acting, writing and directing to an ending that is shocking only in its stupidity, The Devil Inside will make you puke for all the wrong reasons. It sure as hell won't be terror.
The Devil Inside
- The Devil Inside
- Suzan Crowley, Fernanda Andrade
- Directed by William Brent Bell
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- 'Saturday Night Live': All 141 Cast Members Ranked
- Robert Reich on What's Next for Bernie — And His Supporters
- The Reaction to Brexit Is the Reason Brexit Happened
- 'Game of Thrones': 10 Questions We Have for Season 7
- Scotty Moore, Elvis Presley Guitarist, Dead at 84
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video
- Taylor Swift vs. Kanye West: A Beef History
- Hear DJ Khaled, Jay Z, Future's New Hard-Hitting Song 'I Got the Keys'