If you've forgotten the kick you get from watching a globe-trotting, butt-kicking, whiplash-paced action movie done with humor, style and smarts, take a ride with The Bourne Supremacy. This one has everything, ting with a knockout performance from Matt Damon in what may become his signature role: Jason Bourne, an amnesiac C.I.A. assassin who wants to come in from the cold, but not before he kills the creeps who set him up. Damon can seem limp and doughy in the wrong part (All the Pretty Horses), but here he's a lean, mean machine fired with steely intelligence. Damon played the same role two years ago in The Bourne Identity, expertly directed by Doug Limon from Robert Ludlum's novel. This time Paul Greengrass (Bloody Sunday) takes the reins and spins a hand-held camera from India to Naples to Berlin to a killer car chase in Moscow with a keen eye and shotgun urgency. Plot details are irrelevant. Just grab your popcorn and let this movie work you over.
The Bourne Supremacy
- The Bourne Supremacy
- Matt Damon, Franka Potente, Joan Allen, Tomas Arana, Brian Cox
- Directed by Paul Greengrass
From The Archives Issue 258: February 9, 1978
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
AskMenThe 40 Best Guy Movies Of All Time
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
- Are Rogue Militants Preparing for War on American Soil?
- Lewis Black on Surviving Two Decades at 'The Daily Show'
- Jon Stewart Bids Farewell to Fox News: 'Adios, Motherf---ers'
- Jimmy Fallon Plays Donald Trump, Gets Debate Advice From Obama
- 25 Best 'Daily Show' Correspondents
- Hulk Hogan Fired by WWE Over 'Racial Tirade'
- Skulls, Satan and Dave Grohl: Inside Mysterious Occult-Rock Band Ghost
- Flashback: Jimmy Page Forms Short-Lived Supergroup With Members of Yes