Delayed for more than a year due to rewrites and reshoots, this film version of Robert Ludlam's 1980 spy thriller had been prematurely banished to the doghouse. Surprise. It's not half-bad. As an amnesiac who may be master spy Jason in (Clive Owen). Cool Ronin-style car chases ensue, as do convoluted subplots that clog up the works. Until then, director Doug Liman — the hip skipper of Swingers and Go — makes all the familiar dirty business seem fun and almost human. In these dog days, Bourne earns what passes as high praise: It doesn't suck.
The Bourne Identity
- The Bourne Identity
- Matt Damon, Franka Potente, Julia Stiles, Chris Cooper, Brian Cox
- Directed by Doug Liman
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Steal the Show
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- Meet the Osbournes' Other Daughter, Synth-Pop Artist ARO
- Duff McKagan Dissects 'How to Be a Man': Inside the Gritty New Ballad and Book
- AC/DC's Phil Rudd Breaks Silence on Criminal Charges: 'We All Make Mistakes'