Dull title for a juicy, fact-based caper movie that's full of surprises I have no intention of spoiling. I'll say this. In 1971, a robbery took place at Floyds Bank in London that involved a royal sex scandal. The thieves, played here by Brit athlete and model turned credible actor Jason Statham, seductive Saffron Burrows and the cream of Brit character actors, are hustled into robbing the place by higher-ups who are using them just to get their hands on incriminating photos in a deposit box. Director Roger Donaldson keeps the suspense crackling. By the end, you'll want to know more about a heist that literally did shake the empire.
The Bank Job
- The Bank Job
- Jason Statham, Saffron Burrows, Richard Lintern, Stephen Campbell Moore, Daniel Mays
- Directed by Roger Donaldson
From The Archives Issue 465: January 16, 1986
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale Are Divorcing
- Jon Stewart: Goodbye to the Last Honest Newsman
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- 40 Best Things We Saw at Lollapalooza 2015
- Robbie Maddison on Cheating Death to Make His 'Pipe Dream' a Reality
- Best of Enemies: Jon Stewart's 10 Favorite 'Daily Show' Targets
- Watch Ronda Rousey Knock Out Bethe Correia – In Claymation Form
- Hulk Hogan Fired by WWE Over 'Racial Tirade'