Sweet November ranks as another lifeless romance on the subject of death. It's also a remake, this time of a 1968 tear-jerker that starred Sandy Dennis as a cutie-pie eccentric who takes a new lover every month — Anthony Newley played November. She's dying, you see, and wants to rehabilitate as many workaholic males as possible before night falls. The trick is to get them to stop and smell the roses, and then move out gracefully when their month is up. Why anyone would want to revive this rancid goo is mystifying, but Pat O'Connor (Circle of Friends) has stepped up to direct Charlize Theron as the doomed kook and Keanu "I'm in dire need of career guidance" Reeves as the lovesick San Francisco ad exec who won't leave when December is ready to move in. Beware all male viewers who enter here, you are in chick-movie hell.
- Sweet November
- Keanu Reeves, Charlize Theron
- Directed by Pat O'Connor
From The Archives Issue 393: April 14, 1983
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Watch Bruce Springsteen's Surprise Performance With U2
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Meek Mill's Drake Diss 'Is Trash': Sports World Reacts to 'Wanna Know'
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil