Super Troopers, out of last year's Sundance Film Festival, no less, concerns five fuck-up Vermont state troopers who spend their days measuring their dicks, hassling stoners and speeders, and trying to save their jobs. Written by and starring a five-man comedy group (Jay Chandrasekhar, Kevin Heffernan, Steve Lemme, Paul Soter and Erik Stolhanske) called Broken Lizard, the movie is little more than hit-and-miss skits. As a director, Chandrasekhar shows a barely rudimentary sense of the craft, but he does have a knack for orchestrating raucous comic teamwork. Veteran character actor Brian Cox (L.I.E.) provides ballast as Capt. O'Hagan, the troop's leader, and Marisa Coughlan adds a dollop of sweet sexuality as a flirty cop. Anyone can do crude humor — look at Kung Pow: Enter the Fist — but Broken Lizard does it with a shit-faced integrity that's worth a salute.
- Super Troopers
- Marisa Coughlan, Jay Chandrasekhar
- Directed by Jay Chandrasekhar
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 'WWE Raw': Brock Lesnar vs. the World
- Hear Leonard Cohen Cover George Jones' 'Choices' at a Stunning Soundcheck
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- 'Daily Show' Hire Trevor Noah Under Fire for Tweets Offending Jews, Women