Super Troopers, out of last year's Sundance Film Festival, no less, concerns five fuck-up Vermont state troopers who spend their days measuring their dicks, hassling stoners and speeders, and trying to save their jobs. Written by and starring a five-man comedy group (Jay Chandrasekhar, Kevin Heffernan, Steve Lemme, Paul Soter and Erik Stolhanske) called Broken Lizard, the movie is little more than hit-and-miss skits. As a director, Chandrasekhar shows a barely rudimentary sense of the craft, but he does have a knack for orchestrating raucous comic teamwork. Veteran character actor Brian Cox (L.I.E.) provides ballast as Capt. O'Hagan, the troop's leader, and Marisa Coughlan adds a dollop of sweet sexuality as a flirty cop. Anyone can do crude humor — look at Kung Pow: Enter the Fist — but Broken Lizard does it with a shit-faced integrity that's worth a salute.
- Super Troopers
- Marisa Coughlan, Jay Chandrasekhar
- Directed by Jay Chandrasekhar
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- 'Super Troopers 2' Officially a Go After Crowdfunding $4.4 Million
- 5 Things We Learned From 2015 White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Jay Z Defends Tidal: 'We Are Here for the Long Haul'
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- Native American Actors Defend Adam Sandler's 'Ridiculous 6'
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video
- Jared Leto Debuts Ghoulish 'Suicide Squad' Version of the Joker