Super Troopers, out of last year's Sundance Film Festival, no less, concerns five fuck-up Vermont state troopers who spend their days measuring their dicks, hassling stoners and speeders, and trying to save their jobs. Written by and starring a five-man comedy group (Jay Chandrasekhar, Kevin Heffernan, Steve Lemme, Paul Soter and Erik Stolhanske) called Broken Lizard, the movie is little more than hit-and-miss skits. As a director, Chandrasekhar shows a barely rudimentary sense of the craft, but he does have a knack for orchestrating raucous comic teamwork. Veteran character actor Brian Cox (L.I.E.) provides ballast as Capt. O'Hagan, the troop's leader, and Marisa Coughlan adds a dollop of sweet sexuality as a flirty cop. Anyone can do crude humor — look at Kung Pow: Enter the Fist — but Broken Lizard does it with a shit-faced integrity that's worth a salute.
- Super Troopers
- Marisa Coughlan, Jay Chandrasekhar
- Directed by Jay Chandrasekhar
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- 'The Dance' at 25: How Garth Brooks' Weeper Became an Unlikely Hit
- 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Steal the Show
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- West Memphis Three's Damien Echols: 'Today Was My Original Execution Date'