Young stud hits L.A. intending to screw his way upward by nailing rich cougars. Yes, we've been there — American Gigolo, Shampoo, Deuce Bigalow. Now Ashton Kutcher has a go at it. Director David Mackenzie (Young Adam) lays on lots of hot naked bodies. Thank you, man. But the script by Jason Dean Hall turns Kutcher's character, Nikki, into a boilerplate setup for a fall. Nikki moves in with Samantha (the excellent Anne Heche), a 40-ish lawyer living large in Hollywood. But when she's off premises, he's banging younger flesh, in her bed. Nikki is bound to meet his female equal (Margarita Levieva) and take his lumps. Props to Kutcher for going to surprising, painful places. There's something haunted in his portrayal that hits hard and sticks.
- Ashton Kutcher, Anne Heche, Laura Linney
- Directed by David MacKenzie
From The Archives Issue 371: June 10, 1982
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Guitar WorldThe Beatles' 10 Greatest Guitar Moments
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Mental Floss11 Famous Actors Who Apologized for Their Own Movies
TestTubeHow Long Should Sex Last?
- Rupert Murdoch Is Deviant Scum
- 5 Reasons Why Neil Young's Current Tour Is One of His Best in Decades
- The Billion View Club: YouTube's 10 Most Watched Videos
- Hear Pharrell's Sultry Remix of A Tribe Called Quest's 'Bonita Applebum'
- 10 Things We Learned From Elvis Costello's Brilliant New Memoir
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- 50 Greatest Hair Metal Albums of All Time
- Inside Motley Crue's Live Excess: From Roller Coaster Drums to Fire-Spitting Bass