Once upon a time, when pretty Amy (the delightful Melinda Page Hamilton) was in college, she found herself alone with her horny dog. Why not, she thought, suck the pooch off? And so she does, with no one the wiser. That is, until years later when her fiance, John (Bryce Johnson), insists they both get totally honest about their past sexual histories. The worst thing John has ever done is a prank involving eating a cookie slathered in frat-boy jizz. Should Amy tell her story or let sleeping dogs lie? If only Chekhov had lived to tackle such a timeless conundrum. Enter comedian Bobcat Goldthwait, the auteur of Shakes the Clown and a writer-director unafraid to breech the battlements of good taste. His movie, shot on video that makes it look dragged through puppy poop, is an unholy mess. But it also possesses a quick wit and an endearing tenderness toward Amy as honesty wrecks her life. It's sweet, doggone it.
Sleeping Dogs Lie
- Sleeping Dogs Lie
- Melinda Paige Hamilton, Bryce Johnson, Geoff Pierson, Colby French, Jack Plotnick
- Directed by Bob Goldthwait
From The Archives Issue 312: March 6, 1980
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
MTV News19 Songs You Didn’t Know Ed Sheeran Wrote
VultureEvery American Idol Finalist, Ranked From Worst to Best
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind The Scenes
Mental Floss11 Actors Who Asked For Their Characters To Be Killed Off
Diffuser21 Best Alt Rock Albums
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- See System of a Down's Serj Tankian Perform New Political Song 'Artsakh'
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’: Why Chris Evans Is the Anxious Avenger
- Prince: Remembering the Rock Star, Funk Lord, Provocateur, Genius
- Ted Cruz Will Die So That You May Live
- A Final Visit With Prince: Rolling Stone's Lost Cover Story
- Ladies and Gentlemen, the GOP Presidential Nominee, Donald Trump
- Watch Beck's Soulful Cover of Prince's 'Raspberry Beret'
- Watch Kenny Chesney's Chaotic 'Noise' Video