Hail! Hail! Jack Black: He's the clown king of rock & roll. Black is ideally cast as Dewey Finn, a metal-head who's just been fired by his no-talent band. Since he needs rent money, Dewey scams a job teaching nerdy fifth-graders at a prep school run by a tight-passed principal (the ever-hilarious Joan Cusack). When the kids get tired of all-day recess, Dewey teaches them rock & roll, Led Zep-style. This is pretty tame stuff for a wild man like Black, not to mention screenwriter Mike White. (Chuck and Buck The Good Girl) and indie director Richard Linklater (Dazed and Confused, Waking Life) -- kid-friendly crowd pleasers are hardly their meat. But even education can't kill the demon of fun in Black. Enroll in his class and you won't stop laughing.
School of Rock
- School of Rock
- Jack Black, Mike White, Joan Cusack
- Directed by Richard Linklater
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema BlendThe 10 Highest-Grossing R-Rated Movies Of All Time
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- Meet the Osbournes' Other Daughter, Synth-Pop Artist ARO
- Axl Rose Is Mad About Mayweather/Pacquiao, Demands 'Free-Match'
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- Madonna Video Director to Helm Norwegian Black-Metal Movie
- The Hulk: The Last Angry Man
- Frances Bean Cobain on Life After Kurt's Death: An Exclusive Q&A
- Hear Jason Isbell's Nineties-Influenced New Single '24 Frames'