Sarah Silverman is the most outrageously funny woman alive. If you want proof of that declarative sentence, see Jesus Is Magic, a Silverman symposium that is part concert film (shot last year at North Hollywood's El Portal Theater), part comedy skits with Brian Posehn and Bob Odenkirk, part song parodies and part message from Mars or whatever planet still warms to jokes about 9/11, the Holocaust, grandma's anal rape and sex education ("The best time to have a baby is when you're a black teenager"). Except for Silverman — the twisted man's hottie — the film isn't much to look at. But director Liam Lynch knows to keep the focus on the star. Like Lenny Bruce and Richard Pryor, Silverman laughs at racism to undercut its power. "I hope the Jews did kill Christ," she rages. "I'd do it again." Jesus, indeed.
Sarah Silverman: Jesus is Magic
- Sarah Silverman: Jesus is Magic
- Brian Posehn, Laura Silverman, Sarah Silverman, La'vin Kiyano, Bob Odenkirk
- Directed by Liam Lynch
From The Archives Issue 385: December 23, 1982
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole Trade Beats for 'Black Friday' Surprise
- How LSD Microdosing Became the Hot New Business Trip
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- The Republicans Are Now Officially the Party of White Paranoia
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- Twisted Sister Allow Donald Trump to Use 'We're Not Gonna Take It'