Sometimes a movie comes out of nowhere and wins you over. Safety Not Guaranteed is that kind of unexpected gift. At first, the story smacks of quirk: A loner (Mark Duplass) places an ad for a partner to join him in traveling back in time ("Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed"). Tracking the story are Seattle journos Jeff (Jake Johnson), Arnau (Karan Soni) and Darius (Aubrey Plaza), who falls for the big guy. Director Colin Trevorrow and writer Derek Connolly keep the film humming with funny and touching surprises. And Plaza is a flat-out enchantress.
Safety Not Guaranteed
- Safety Not Guaranteed
- Aubrey Plaza
- Directed by Colin Trevorrow
From The Archives Issue 1159: June 21, 2012
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
AskMenThe 40 Best Guy Movies Of All Time
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
- Jimmy Fallon Plays Donald Trump, Gets Debate Advice From Obama
- Skulls, Satan and Dave Grohl: Inside Mysterious Occult-Rock Band Ghost
- Jon Stewart Bids Farewell to Fox News: 'Adios, Motherf---ers'
- Are Rogue Militants Preparing for War on American Soil?
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- 25 Best 'Daily Show' Correspondents
- Lewis Black on Surviving Two Decades at 'The Daily Show'
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time