As good as The Ring is, it can't top the original for sheer, shivering terror. The 1998 film from director Hideo Nakata broke box-office records in Japan. For years you had to have a black-market connection to get a copy of the video in America. Now Ringu is here, on a DVD that gives this low-budget cult shocker the class-A treatment it deserves. You don't need extras with this goodie. It's not so much the gore that interests Nakata as the reporter (Nanako Matsushima) digs into the case, it's the subtle dread that keeps you up at night in a cold, clammy sweat.
- Nanako Matsushima, Miki Nakatani, Hiroyuki Sanada, Yuko Takeuchi, Hitomi Sato
- Directed by Hideo Nakata
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Joni Mitchell Hospitalized in Los Angeles
- How Scott Weiland Found His Third Act
- 'WWE Raw': Brock Lesnar vs. the World