Here's a documentary that embeds you deep into the war in Afghanistan. Filmmakers Tim Hetherington and Sebastian Junger follow a platoon of U.S. soldiers, the Second Platoon, Battle Company, 173rd Airborne Brigade, during their 14-month deployment to the Korengal Valley. The troops are shaken when their beloved medic, Juan "Doc" Restrepo, is killed in action. That's when Capt. Dan Kearney pulls out all the stops to allay fears even in the Taliban war zone. Naming their base after Restrepo, these soldiers are seen dealing with death on a daily basis. The filmmakers offer no commentary. We watch. And what we see is explosive, deeply moving and impossible to shake.
- Directed by Tim Hetherington and Sebastian Junger
From The Archives Issue 435: November 22, 1984
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Watch Bruce Springsteen's Surprise Performance With U2
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Meek Mill's Drake Diss 'Is Trash': Sports World Reacts to 'Wanna Know'
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- The 10 Wildest Rap Beefs of All Time