This tear-jerking twaddle, adapted by David Nicholls from his 2009 bestseller, is nearly as bad as Anne Hathaway's British accent, which is heading for infamy. Hathaway plays Emma Morley, an idealist in a world of the cheap and superficial, repped by Dexter Mayhew (real Brit Jim Sturgess), the rich stud she pines for. Director Lone Scherfig, toppling from her peak with An Education, follows these ill-fated lovers for two decades one day each year, starting July 15th, 1988. By the 1990s, I was begging for mercy. One day? Like hell. The movie feels like a life sentence.
- One Day
- Anne Hathaway, Jim Sturgess
- Directed by Lone Scherfig
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Larry David on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Watch Metallica's 'The Night Before' Pre-Super Bowl Concert Live
- What the L? Why the NFL Sacked Roman Numerals for Super Bowl 50
- Dan Hicks, Hot Licks Singer, Dead at 74
- See Larry David's 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' 'SNL' Parody
- In Defense of the CD
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote