Memo to Beyoncé Knowles: You were so good as Etta James in Cadillac Records, so why'd you go spoil everything with a rank cheeseball thriller that buries you in clichés and won't even help you dig yourself out? I'd call this stenchcloud "Fatal Attraction meets The Temp," but that would insult those movies. Movie? Obsessed doesn't move at all. It lays there like undigested latkes. Beyoncé Knowles (she uses two names for movies) plays Sharon. She's happily married to asset manager Derek (Idris Elba), once on fire with The Wire and now reduced to a situation dire. OK, I'll stop. But the movie doesn't. Everything you need to know is in the trailer. Derek gets hit on by Lisa (Ali Larter), a temp from central slut casting. He resists her jiggly butt and pert breasts. This is the kind of no-balls movie where the guy is a saint, even before the temp turns psycho stalker. So where's the conflict? Nowhere. Screenwriter David Loughery and director Steve Shill, a TV hack (who'd have guessed?) have built something silly and shockingly unsexy (a wimpy PG-13 rating for this kind of trash — whaat?) all in the name of big, climactic catfight that should been camp fun but is no fun at all. Beyoncé does go medieval on what she calls Larter's "skinny white ass." She also calls her "crazy ass bitch." Obsessed is crazy-ass also. Crazy-ass awful.
- Idris Elba, Ali Larter, Beyonce Knowles, Bruce McGill, Jerry O'Connell
- Directed by Steve Shill
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- Watch Terry Crews Punch Out Mike Tyson on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart Debate Superman vs. Batman
- Secrets of 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Joss Whedon Tells All
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video
- Motley Crue on Rock Hall Chances and Why Bands Need Retirement Contracts
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- DaveWatch: Countdown to Letterman's Last 'Late Show,' Day 20
- 10 Things We Learned From Johnny Rotten's 'Uncensored' New Memoir