This crap is supposed to be the chick flick antidote to Super Bowl fever. Ha! The thudding sounds you hear at New In Town are jokes landing like lead balloons and conking the life out of the actors. Director Jonas Elmer shares the script's anvil touch. Renee Zellweger stars as Lucy Hill, a spike-heeled, spikier-tempered Miami executive terminator assigned to downsize a food-manufacturing plant in snowy Minnesota. Get the contrast? No sooner does Harry Connick, Jr. show up as Ted Mitchell, the union rep for said plant, then you know a romantic thaw is coming. Connick was aces playing a similar character in the 2006 revival of the musical The Pajama Game on Broadway. But this time there are no great songs, just sour notes.
New in Town
- New in Town
- Renee Zellweger, Harry Connick, Jr.
- Directed by Jonas Elmer
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical
- Letterman Fan Details Every Frame in Final Show Montage
- Dave Matthews on Summer Tour: 'We're Trying Not to Suck'
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song
- 6 Craziest Things We Saw Inside 'Red Nose Day'
- Thanks Dave: The Genius of Letterman's 'Late Show' Goodbye
- Inside U2's 'Innocence' Spectacle: A Backstage Q&A With Bono and Edge
- Taylor Swift Breaks Down Banjo-Free 1989 Tour: 'It's Not a Country Show'