This crap is supposed to be the chick flick antidote to Super Bowl fever. Ha! The thudding sounds you hear at New In Town are jokes landing like lead balloons and conking the life out of the actors. Director Jonas Elmer shares the script's anvil touch. Renee Zellweger stars as Lucy Hill, a spike-heeled, spikier-tempered Miami executive terminator assigned to downsize a food-manufacturing plant in snowy Minnesota. Get the contrast? No sooner does Harry Connick, Jr. show up as Ted Mitchell, the union rep for said plant, then you know a romantic thaw is coming. Connick was aces playing a similar character in the 2006 revival of the musical The Pajama Game on Broadway. But this time there are no great songs, just sour notes.
New in Town
- New in Town
- Renee Zellweger, Harry Connick, Jr.
- Directed by Jonas Elmer
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Screen Rant5 Movies That Killed Actors’ Careers
DiffuserThe Strangest Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss10 Artists Who Hated Their Biggest Hit
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
- Puscifer Announce New Album, Premiere Epic 'Grand Canyon' Song and Video
- 25 Worst Original Names of Famous Bands
- Watch Tom Cruise Channel Meat Loaf, the Weeknd in 'Lip Sync Battle'
- See Hunter S. Thompson Talk Hell's Angels in Newly Animated Interview
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Kim Kardashian: American Woman
- Watch Seth Rogen Ruin Christmas in 'Night Before' Redband Trailer
- Jon Stewart Speechless at Mike Huckabee's Holocaust-Iran Comparison