Has a movie featuring full-frontal female nudity ever been this goody-goody? Luckily, Judi Dench is around to spice up this World War II period piece. Dame Judi is the life of the party as Mrs. Henderson, the real British widow who enlisted Vivian Van Dam (a solid Bob Hoskins) to help her open a London theater featuring nudes. Lord Chamberlain gives his OK, as long as the babes don't move. Sadly, director Stephen Frears doesn't shake his bazongas, either. The subplot involving a tragic romance between a soldier and one of the living statues (the lovely Kelly Reilly) is hell on the humor and on a movie that stays content to do the trite thing.
Mrs. Henderson Presents
- Mrs. Henderson Presents
- Judi Dench, Bob Hoskins, Kelly Reilly, Christopher Guest, William Young
- Directed by Stephen Frears
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema BlendThe 10 Highest-Grossing R-Rated Movies Of All Time
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- Axl Rose Is Mad About Mayweather/Pacquiao, Demands 'Free-Match'
- Madonna Video Director to Helm Norwegian Black-Metal Movie
- Meet the Osbournes' Other Daughter, Synth-Pop Artist ARO
- The Hulk: The Last Angry Man
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- Frances Bean Cobain on Life After Kurt's Death: An Exclusive Q&A
- Hear Jason Isbell's Nineties-Influenced New Single '24 Frames'