Miss Congeniality dangles the ever-congenial bait of Sandra Bullock as a mousy FBI agent who tries to catch a killer by posing as a contestant in the Miss United States beauty pageant. I'd rather be buried in a mound of Floridian chad than watch director Donald Petrie force Bullock to jump through another desperately unfunny comic hoop. Bullock's Gracie Hart doesn't get any hot looks from her fellow agent (Benjamin Bratt), until the pageant head (Candice Bergen) hires a beauty consultant (Michael Caine) to do a makeover. Caine wins a few bitchy laughs at Gracie's expense ("I haven't seen a walk like that since Jurassic Park"), but unless you think it's a riot to watch Bullock fall over herself repeatedly in high heels, this Miss is a mess.
- Miss Congeniality
- Sandra Bullock, Benjamin Bratt
- Directed by Donald Petrie
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Celebrities You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Salon11 Artists Who Are Still Great After Four Decades
DiffuserWorst Pre-Fame Jobs
Mental FlossThe Strange Deaths of 20 Interesting People
Cracked6 Famous Movies Made By The Last Person You'd Expect
Cinema BlendTop 5 Fights In Rock History
- Grateful Dead Archivist Details Massive, New 80-Disc Box Set
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Slipknot Tease 'Dangerous' Summer Tour: 'It's Scary'
- Watch Flaming Lips Perform 'Good Vibrations,' Praise Brian Wilson
- Hear Eminem's Hard-Hitting 'Southpaw' Song 'Phenomenal'
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Muhammad Ali: Last Tango in Vegas
- Tom Petty Unearths Shimmering Lost Song 'Somewhere Under Heaven'