What this raucous 3D animated fun house lacks in originality (think bastard child of The Incredibles and Despicable Me) it makes up for in visual and vocal wit. Will Ferrell has a ball being a dick with sharp diction as Megamind, a blue-skinned visitor from another planet who comes to Earth as a force for evil. Metro Man, voiced by Brad Pitt, is his heroic counterpart. But our sympathies are with Megamind and his assistant, Minion (scene-stealer David Cross), a robot with a fish bowl for a head. You actually root for Megamind to get the girl TV reporter (Tina Fey) and go whup-ass on her stalker cameraman (Jonah Hill) when he gets ill-gained superpowers. Director Tom McGrath keeps the action spinning and trips lightly over the bummer spectacle of watching a bad boy go good.
- Will Ferrell, Brad Pitt, Tina Fey
- Directed by Tom McGrath
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss5 Movies That Got Their Filmmakers Arrested
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- Mayor Bill de Blasio's Crusade
- 'The Dance' at 25: How Garth Brooks' Weeper Became an Unlikely Hit
- Meet the Osbournes' Other Daughter, Synth-Pop Artist ARO
- West Memphis Three's Damien Echols: 'Today Was My Original Execution Date'
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show