A glorious mess, this hotly anticipated sequel to history's most mind-altering action flick leapfrogs from yawn-inducing monologues to jaw-dropping chase and chop-socky sequences. Watching the storyboards come to life in the slick behind-the-scenes segment redoubles your sense of the directors' staggering technical achievement. But "extras" on the making of the movie-branded sports-drink ad campaign and the universally panned video game remind us that the real Matrix is programmed by marketers.
- Matrix Reloaded
- Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Hugo Weaving
- Directed by Larry Wachowski, Andy Wachowski
From The Archives Issue 440: January 31, 1985
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- How J.J. Abrams and Hulu Brought Stephen King's '11.22.63' to TV
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'