A guy in a BMW. Alone. Talking on the wireless. Voices on the speaker. He's Ivan Locke, a Brit, driving from Birmingham to London. In real time – 85 minutes. No flashbacks. Just this guy. Juggling crises. Don't freak out. Locke only sounds like a trap. It's a powerhouse of claustrophobic suspense and fierce emotion, mostly because Tom Hardy, best known as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises, is a blazing wonder as Locke. Writer-director Steven Knight has given Hardy the task of holding us spellbound as Locke, a husband and father, drives away from his biggest job ever as a construction manager and into the arms of a one-night stand who's about to have their baby. The voices of boss (Ben Daniels), crew chief (Andrew Scott), lover (Olivia Colman), wife (Ruth Wilson) and sons (Tom Holland, Bill Milner) jangle in Locke's head, and ours, as he makes his life-changing journey. Hang on.
- Tom Hardy
- Directed by Steven Knight
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Watch Batman and Superman Clash in New 'Dawn of Justice' Trailer
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- The Dukes of Oxy: How a Band of Teen Wrestlers Built a Smuggling Empire
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away
- Jay Z's Tidal CEO Leaves Company Amid Staff 'Streamlining'