A guy in a BMW. Alone. Talking on the wireless. Voices on the speaker. He's Ivan Locke, a Brit, driving from Birmingham to London. In real time – 85 minutes. No flashbacks. Just this guy. Juggling crises. Don't freak out. Locke only sounds like a trap. It's a powerhouse of claustrophobic suspense and fierce emotion, mostly because Tom Hardy, best known as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises, is a blazing wonder as Locke. Writer-director Steven Knight has given Hardy the task of holding us spellbound as Locke, a husband and father, drives away from his biggest job ever as a construction manager and into the arms of a one-night stand who's about to have their baby. The voices of boss (Ben Daniels), crew chief (Andrew Scott), lover (Olivia Colman), wife (Ruth Wilson) and sons (Tom Holland, Bill Milner) jangle in Locke's head, and ours, as he makes his life-changing journey. Hang on.
- Tom Hardy
- Directed by Steven Knight
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Music Megastars Team Up to Launch Streaming Service Tidal
- The Children of ISIS
- Inside Scientology
- Jason Beghe: The TV Tough Guy Who Took on Scientology
- Why Hiring Trevor Noah to Host 'The Daily Show' Is a Great Idea
- Why Trevor Noah Is a Great Choice to Host 'The Daily Show'
- 'Better Call Saul' Recap: Brother's Keeper