A guy in a BMW. Alone. Talking on the wireless. Voices on the speaker. He's Ivan Locke, a Brit, driving from Birmingham to London. In real time – 85 minutes. No flashbacks. Just this guy. Juggling crises. Don't freak out. Locke only sounds like a trap. It's a powerhouse of claustrophobic suspense and fierce emotion, mostly because Tom Hardy, best known as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises, is a blazing wonder as Locke. Writer-director Steven Knight has given Hardy the task of holding us spellbound as Locke, a husband and father, drives away from his biggest job ever as a construction manager and into the arms of a one-night stand who's about to have their baby. The voices of boss (Ben Daniels), crew chief (Andrew Scott), lover (Olivia Colman), wife (Ruth Wilson) and sons (Tom Holland, Bill Milner) jangle in Locke's head, and ours, as he makes his life-changing journey. Hang on.
- Tom Hardy
- Directed by Steven Knight
From The Archives Issue 1207: April 24, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Meek Mill Fires Back at Drake With 'Wanna Know'
- Meek Mill's Drake Diss 'Is Trash': Sports World Reacts to 'Wanna Know'
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Eminem Reveals How Drug Use Led to Weight Gain, Recovery
- The 10 Wildest Rap Beefs of All Time