Lord knows that Pierce Brosnan and Julianne Moore — an actress of true stature — are attractive. Why shouldn't they succeed in a romantic comedy about rival divorce lawyers who fall in love just like Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy did in Adam's Rib? And why shouldn't director Peter Howitt, whose light touch lifted Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors, work his magic again? Why? Because they are all victims of a script of such colossal banality and gross stupidity that smiles freeze on their faces, leaving them looking trapped and desperate, much like the audience.
Laws of Attraction
- Laws of Attraction
- Pierce Brosnan,Julianne Moore
- Directed by Peter Howitt
From The Archives Issue 343: May 14, 1981
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- 'Daily Show' Defends Beyonce's Super Bowl Performance, Slams Haters
- Hear David Crosby's Tender New Ballad With Snarky Puppy
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders
- Alice Cooper Talks Guns N' Roses Reunion: 'Where's Izzy?'
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- Watch Seal, Ewan McGregor, Gary Oldman Lead David Bowie Tribute
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'