Ten minutes into this puke-slick remake of Wes Craven's infamous 1972 revenge classic on rape, torture and murder, I knew this crapathon would give Watchmen a run for its money as this weekend's top box-office bell ringer. Such is the debased state of American moviegoing barely three months into the new year, a time when profits soar and taste sinks to sewage levels. Craven, influenced by Ingmar Bergman's Virgin Spring and the real-life Charles Manson murders, found creative ways to plumb the dark depths of human nature. And he did it with no cash. Remake director Dennis Iliadis, with a studio budget and a galling, glib cynicism, is merely cashing in. So when a fate worse than death befalls young Mari (Sara Paxton) at the hands of creeps, and her parents (Tony Goldwyn and Monica Potter) predictably seek vengeance, audiences with a brain cell left have only one choice: Look for the first exit on the right.
Last House on the Left
- Last House on the Left
- Sari Paxton, Tony Goldwyn, Monica Potter
- Directed by Dennis Iliadis
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Guitar WorldThe Beatles' 10 Greatest Guitar Moments
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Mental Floss11 Famous Actors Who Apologized for Their Own Movies
TestTubeHow Long Should Sex Last?
- Rupert Murdoch Is Deviant Scum
- Hear Pharrell's Sultry Remix of A Tribe Called Quest's 'Bonita Applebum'
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- See August Burns Red's 'Ghosts' Video Featuring A Day to Remember Singer
- Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, the Weeknd Top AMA Nominations
- Go Behind the Scenes of Bob Dylan's 'Highway 61 Revisited' Album Cover
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny