Whether she's almost wearing a black bikini or squeezing into a silver wet suit, Angelina Jolie looks great. And so do Greece, Hong Kong and a live volcano in Tanzania. Sadly, scenery can't save this blindingly dull sequel. Jolie puts on that posh Brit accent as Lara — Lady Croft to us swine — and thwarts a nutso scientist (Ciaron Hands) who wants to steal Pandora's box. Director Jan De Bont thinks the stunts will distract us from the cliched script; he thought the same about Speed 2. Gerard Butler, the Scottish hunk who'll play the lead in the film of Phantom of the Opera, does spark with Jolie. To no avail. Even sex can't save a film that produces instant narcolepsy.
Lara Croft Tomb Raider
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider
- Angelina Jolie, Gerard Butler
- Directed by Simon West
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- 'WWE Raw': Brock Lesnar vs. the World
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Hear Leonard Cohen Cover George Jones' 'Choices' at a Stunning Soundcheck
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Joni Mitchell Hospitalized in Los Angeles