Lantana is a hothouse thriller of tangled sexuality. Set in Australia, the film pivots on a woman's murder. But director Ray Lawrence (Bliss) and screenwriter Andrew Bovell are more interested in the four couples linked to the case. Anthony LaPaglia plays Leon, a cop who cheats on his wife, Sonja (Kerry Armstrong). Sonja vents to her therapist, Valerie (Barbara Hershey), whose marriage to John (Geoffrey Rush) has been shattered by tragedy. Leon's affair with Jane (Rachael Blake), split from her husband, Pete (Glenn Robbins), can't stop him from coming unglued. When the case leads Leon to Jane's neighbors, Nik (Vince Colosimo) and his wife, Paula (Daniela Farinacci), emotions run wild. Lawrence expertly choreographs the release of festering secrets. The acting is top-notch, and LaPaglia, who makes the cop's torment palpable, gives the performance of his career.
- Geoffrey Rush, Anthony LaPaglia
- Directed by Ray Lawrence
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- DaveWatch: Countdown to Letterman's Last 'Late Show,' Day 19
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- Watch Brandon Flowers' Creepy, Retro 'Lonely Town' Video
- 'Mad Men' Recap: End Times