Will Ferrell and Danny McBride can find the dumb fun in anything. Too bad that Land of the Lost is so much less than anything. It remolds a tacky 1970s TV series about humans in a cave-man time warp into a bloated theme park of a movie that features Sleestak sex, a dino-piss shower, bowel obstruction and the gayest of Chorus Line tunes ("God, I hope I get it"). McBride's survivalist, Will Stanton, does weird things with fireworks. And Ferrell, as scientist Rick Marshall, reaches his hand down his shorts for a tug when things get boring. Kids, don't try this at the multiplex. Director Brad Silberling, infamous for Casper and Lemony Snicket, repeats gags, like the primate (Jorma Taccone) grabbing the boobs of Rick's British research assistant, Holly (Anna Friel), with laugh-killing frequency. You've been warned.
Land of the Lost
- Land of the Lost
- Will Ferrell, Anna Friel, Danny R. McBride, Jorma Taccone, Raymond Ochoa
- Directed by Brad Silberling
From The Archives Issue 133: April 26, 1973
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- New Sam Smith Bond Theme Video Reveals 'Spectre' Footage
- Drake Debuts Polished Version of Beyonce Collaboration 'Can I'
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny
- How Radiohead Shocked the World: A 15th-Anniversary Salute to 'Kid A'
- Maynard James Keenan on New Book, Tool LP: 'Do I Seem Like a Lazy Person?'