Political satire is so rare that it's a shame to watch the reliable Ralph Fiennes and Donald Sutherland lend their talents to one that is blind to its own incompetence. In an unnamed place at an unspecified time — can't you feel pretentiousness creeping in? — a soldier (Fiennes) helps an imprisoned playwright (Sutherland) escape and overthrow a dictator, only to become a dictator himself. In his debut project, writer-director Robert Edwards — a former U.S. Army intelligence officer in Iraq — acts as if he's saying something profound. He isn't.
Land of the Blind
- Land of the Blind
- Lara Flynn Boyle, Henry Breitrose, Ian Chorao, Ron Cook, Mackenzie Crook
- Directed by Robert Edwards
From The Archives Issue 448: May 23, 1985
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- Super Bowl 50 Commercials: The Best and Worst From the Big Game
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue
- Watch Lady Gaga Sing Stirring National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- Watch Elton John Belt Classics in 'Carpool Karaoke'