For a lavish Jerry Bruckheimer production that claims to get at the dirty truth behind the legend of Arthur and the knights of the Round Table, King Arthur strains credulity at every turn. When Lancelot (Ioan Gruffudd) asks Guinevere (Keira Knightley, face painted like Madonna on her Vogue tour) if she's frightened by an army of marauding men, she quips, "Don't worry, I won't let them rape you." That's the fifth century you don't get in the history books. Clive Owen does make a stalwart Arthur, fighting for his ideals and a night in bed with Guiney, who gives him fortune-cookie wisdom ("What tomorrow brings we cannot know"). Director Antoine Fuqua seems to have told the actors to "cowboy the fuck up" — a line from his Bruce Willis movie Tears of the Sun. There is one tense battle on ice — the film's fleeting wisp of glory. The rest is Gladiator lite.
- King Arthur
- Clive Owen, Til Schweiger, Stellan Skarsgard, Ioan Gruffudd, Keira Knightley
- Directed by Antoine Fuqua
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Watch Batman and Superman Clash in New 'Dawn of Justice' Trailer
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- The Dukes of Oxy: How a Band of Teen Wrestlers Built a Smuggling Empire
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away
- Rolling Stone and UVA: The Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism Report