Packs a nasty B-movie jolt that doesn't jibe with the easy-does-it tenor of the times. Still, there's no denying the skill director John Dahl (The Last Seduction) brings to this genre thriller about two brothers — college student Lewis (Paul Walker) and fuck-up Fuller (Steve Zahn being Steve Zahn, which is fine by me) — on a road trip from Berkeley, California, to Boulder, Colorado, where Lewis hooks up with girlfriend Venna (Leelee Sobieski). Trouble starts when the guys use a CB radio to play a practical joke on an unseen lonely-hearts trucker known as Rusty Nail. The joke backfires when the trucker retaliates in a revenge plot that combines Steven Spielberg's Duel, Jonathan Mostow's Breakdown and a touch of the recent horror cheapie Jeepers Creepers to create a thriller that gets the job done in high style. If you're looking to have your nerves fried and your pulse pounded, this is your ticket to ride.
- Joy Ride
- Paul Walker, LeeLee Sobieski
- Directed by John Dahl
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside the Racy 'Sex Box' Reality Show
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- James Bond Haunted by Ghosts of His Past in 'Spectre' Teaser
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- The Children of ISIS
- New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release
- James Taylor's Mellow Rebirth: Inside 'Before This World'
- Watch George Lucas Mock Fox News on 'The Daily Show'
- Weekend Rock Question: What's the Best Van Halen Album?
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence Following One Direction Split