- John Wick
- Keanu Reeves
- Directed by Chad Stahelski
Here's the plot of John Wick in the length of a tweet: Keanu Reeves plays a killer. His wife dies of cancer. Thugs steal his 1969 Mustang and kill his puppy. He gets mad. People die, badly.
I know, it sounds basic to the point of brainless. Don't let that discourage you. John Wick is the kind of fired-up, ferocious B-movie fun some of us can't get enough of. You know who you are. Reeves, always a nimble action presence, delivers the goods and then some. Chad Stahelski, Keanu's former stunt double, directs with a flair for movement and framing that slams you right into the fights, stabbings and shoot-outs. From home invasion to a hotel for assassins, the stage is set for all hell to break loose. That it does. Moral nourishment is not on the menu. Neither is quotable dialogue. But juicy supporting performances from Willem Dafoe, John Leguizamo, and Ian McShane are ample compensation. The kick of Wick is not to be denied.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SpinThe 300 Best Albums Of The Past 30 Years
Mental Floss10 Hidden Images on Album Covers
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Scenes
VultureThe 30 Most Important Sex Scenes In Movie History
Guitar WorldThe 25 Greatest Acoustic Songs In Hard Rock
Vibe#DumpTrump: 20 Celebrities Who Have Spoken Out Against Donald Trump
- How Beatles' Game-Changing 'Paperback Writer' Paved Way for 'Revolver'
- Watch Bruce Springsteen, Bono Perform 'Because the Night' in Dublin
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Get Back
- Snoop Dogg Slams 'Roots' Remake, Calls for Boycott
- The Last Word: Ronnie Spector on Childhood Hero, Sobriety, Life with Phil
- See a Preview of Jamie Lynn Spears' Revealing Documentary
- 10 Movies to Stream on Memorial Day