It's the ultimate in spoiler titles. And this stoner Ghostbusters, an altered state disguised as a movie, may also add up to a hot cult item if silliness doesn't sabotage the scares. Based on a novel by David Wong, the film pits two slackers, Dave (Chase Williamson, a deadpan delight) and poor doomed John (Rob Mayes), against paranormal foes. That is, until they trip out on soy sauce (don't ask) and enter a parallel universe where they fight to save the world from shape-shifting creatures. Got that? Who could? The always welcome Paul Giamatti shows up as a reporter who gets the real dope from Dave. Horror buff Giamatti also served as executive producer to help get the film made for writer-director Don Coscarelli, the mad master behind Phantasm and Bubba Ho-Tep. Coscarelli junkies won't be bothered by the film's herky-jerky rhythms. Go for the freaky fun of it, though a little soy sauce on the side sure wouldn't hurt.
John Dies at the End
- John Dies at the End
- Paul Giamatti
- Directed by Don Coscarelli
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
MTV News19 Songs You Didn’t Know Ed Sheeran Wrote
VultureEvery American Idol Finalist, Ranked From Worst to Best
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind The Scenes
Mental Floss11 Actors Who Asked For Their Characters To Be Killed Off
Diffuser21 Best Alt Rock Albums
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- See System of a Down's Serj Tankian Perform New Political Song 'Artsakh'
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’: Why Chris Evans Is the Anxious Avenger
- Prince: Remembering the Rock Star, Funk Lord, Provocateur, Genius
- Ted Cruz Will Die So That You May Live
- See Prince Proteges the Family Pay Tribute With New 'Nothing Compares 2 U'
- Ladies and Gentlemen, the GOP Presidential Nominee, Donald Trump
- A Final Visit With Prince: Rolling Stone's Lost Cover Story
- Watch Beck's Soulful Cover of Prince's 'Raspberry Beret'