For supersize laughs, try Martin Short in a fat suit as Jiminy Glick, the talk-show host from hell (actually, it's Butte, Montana). Based on the character Short created for Comedy Central, the film is hit-and-miss, with improvised dialogue and a tacked-on mystery plot with Short doing a dead-on impression of David Lynch. The rest is Jiminy, his wife, Dixie (Jan Hooks), and their sons, Matthew and Modine, visiting the Toronto Film Festival so Jiminy can ask rude questions to such as Steve Martin and Kurt Russell, and then fall asleep at their banal answers. Director Vadim Jean is lucky that his low-octane comedy is long on Short.
Jiminy Glick in Lalawood
- Jiminy Glick in Lalawood
- Martin Short, Jan Hooks, Elizabeth Perkins, Janeane Garofalo, Gary Anthony Williams
- Directed by Vadim Jean
From The Archives Issue 375: August 5, 1982
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- Meek Mill's Drake Diss 'Is Trash': Sports World Reacts to 'Wanna Know'
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Meek Mill Fires Back at Drake With 'Wanna Know'
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Watch Eric Church Debut New Song 'Three Year Old' at Solo Show