Jesus' Son, adapted by writer-director Alison Maclean from a short-story collection by Denis Johnson, documents another drug odyssey, this one set in the 1970s. Billy Crudup stars as FH, for Fuck Head, a junkie thief stuck in a doomed liaison with drugs and the volatile Michelle (a terrific Samantha Morton) until a job at an Arizona rehab center offers him a shot at redemption. Maclean keeps her mesmerizing film spinning from hilarity to heartbreak, offering sharp supporting turns by Jack Black as a disorderly orderly, Denis Leary as a crazed divorcee and Holly Hunter as a disabled patient. Still, it's Crudup, an actor of fire and grace, who makes this fuckhead worth watching.
- Jesus' Son
- Billy Crudup, Antoinette LaVecchia
- Directed by Alison Maclean
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal37 Things About Sex You Need to Know
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies Of All-Time According To Chris Rock
The Daily Beast7 Movies That Do BDSM Better Than ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
Salon10 Movie Stars Who Want to Be Rock Stars and Are Surprisingly Good
Men's JournalThe 101 Best Beers in America
- The Rock on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- The Children of ISIS
- Prince Sued Over Judith Hill's Debut Album Download
- Watch George Ezra Bring the Folk to 'SNL'
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- 'Clear' and Present Danger: Alex Gibney on His Bold Scientology Doc
- Coachella, Lollapalooza Festivals Ban Selfie Sticks
- Hear Brad Paisley 'Crush It' on Eric Clapton's 'Layla'