Jesus' Son, adapted by writer-director Alison Maclean from a short-story collection by Denis Johnson, documents another drug odyssey, this one set in the 1970s. Billy Crudup stars as FH, for Fuck Head, a junkie thief stuck in a doomed liaison with drugs and the volatile Michelle (a terrific Samantha Morton) until a job at an Arizona rehab center offers him a shot at redemption. Maclean keeps her mesmerizing film spinning from hilarity to heartbreak, offering sharp supporting turns by Jack Black as a disorderly orderly, Denis Leary as a crazed divorcee and Holly Hunter as a disabled patient. Still, it's Crudup, an actor of fire and grace, who makes this fuckhead worth watching.
- Jesus' Son
- Billy Crudup, Antoinette LaVecchia
- Directed by Alison Maclean
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- Dave Grohl on First Foo Fighters Show: 'I Was F--king Mortified'
- Tim McGraw's Sandy Hook Show Sparks Controversy, Billy Currington Bails
- Watch John Krasinski Nail N'Sync's 'Bye Bye Bye' on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Green Day Return to the Stage With Raucous, Career-Spanning Cleveland Gig