It is totally cool to see Manhattan devoid of people as Will Smith and his dog roam the ruins after a virus wipes out the population. Or did it? Strange things come out at night. I'll say no more and won't need to if you've read Richard Matheson's classic 1954 novel or seen the two previous screen versions, 1964's The Last Man on Earth, with Vincent Price, and 1971's The Omega Man, with Charlton Heston. What you need to know is that Big Willie has no problem holding the screen. In fact, trouble enters only when the script overcomplicates things in the end. Until then, especially in a growling dogfight, director Francis Lawrence (Constantine) keeps you squirming.
I Am Legend
- I Am Legend
- Will Smith, Alice Braga, Salli Richardson-Whitffield, Willow Smith, Charlie Tahan
- Directed by Francis Lawrence
From The Archives Issue 391: March 17, 1983
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Sinead O'Connor Targets Family Following Suicide Threat
- Hear Sunn O)))'s 'Bright' Drone-Metal Return LP, 'Kannon'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead' Season 6.1
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 10 Best Movies and TV Shows to Stream in December
- Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole Trade Beats for 'Black Friday' Surprise
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Movies, Ranked Worst to Best